Beckman Coulter User Forums

tips for span8 and 96

gnoll

In the spirit of open discussion, rather than censoring the topic as "too competitive with our own products," I've moved this topic to the Beyond Beckman Coulter forum. Please confine any discussion of non-Beckman tips to this part of the Club Biomek site. Please review the Additional Guidelines for this sub-forum post at the top of the sub forum listings. To be clear, any factual discussion of the use of competitor's tips (or other products) will not be censored by me. So, speak freely without fear of reprisal!

For the record, only Beckman Coulter tips are guaranteed to work with your system, and as product manager, I've experienced quite a few cases where people thought another brand was working, only to run into a problem in the middle of an expensive campaign. Tips are an integral part of any complete solution. By continuing to use Biomek Tips from Beckman Coulter you maintain the integrity of the solution and make any troubleshooting by us easier since we can support the complete pipetting operation.

However, there are some specialty tips out there outside the range that Beckman offers, and I'm as interested as anyone else in hearing discussions.

Sincerely,

Marc

• 1 month later...

Marc,

I also prefer to use Beckman tips for the Biomek FX when possible, however one case where I need to use non-Beckman tips is for 50ul conductive's. Beckman does not make those and the only ones I have found are the Axygen 50ul conductive's, which I have not been very impressed with. Are you aware of any other 50ul conductive tips that would be reliable?

Anthony

• 1 year later...

I'm not aware of any but others on the forum may have further information.

Sincerely,

Marc

I've used Beckman, Sorenson, Axygen and MBP tips in the last 8 years on my FXs, however, the Beckman tips (not to plug them) although costing more had the fewest number of issues (plugged tips, bent tips, crooked tips, tips without filters, missing tips, wrong type of tips ~ this has happened 2 times...a single p20 in a rack of p250s).

The alternatives that I liked the most for performance and cost were the Axygen and Sorenson (now bought buy Axygen) tips. But if you want Hassle free, go with the Beckman Tips

Archived