Beckman Coulter User Forums

Kaluza 1.5 Slow when opening files

I have a navios offline PC that had Kaluza 1.2 installed and running fine. Upgraded to 1.5 and have found that pulling in FCS files takes longer than normal. Opening analysis files takes even longer now.

Im wondering if there is a minimum hardare specification for 1.5?

Computer is running Windows 7 SP1. 32bit.

Intel Core i7

4gb RAM

I have windows event log files if that would help.

Can you quantify the change? (It used to take n seconds to open a 1 megabyte file but now it takes m.)

Is this only .analysis files or also LMDs?

For the .analysis files, are you using a lot of logicle axes or standard quadrants? There are known performance issues with v1.5a for both of those.

It used to take 1 second to open a FCS file of x size but now takes 5-10 seconds. ( x because I cant remember the exact size but it was less than 1 mb )

I then created an analysis file from two FCS files and tried to reload this analysis file. This also took 5-10 seconds to load.

How many standard quadrants or logicale axes would cause performance issues?

Well any number of quadrants or logicles slow it down relative to v1.3, but you need more of them to notice it. How many are required would depend on the hardware you have. How many colors and events? Is it a FCS file or an LMD file? What cytometer generated it?

Sorry for the continued questions. Are you seeing a relative slowdown for v1.5 when loading a Canto FCS file? (Not an analysis file.) If so, this means that the problem can't be quadrants or bi-exponential axes as those things don't exist yet. That would be a new problem.

I'm not aware of any significant increase in the RAM requirements for v1.5a. 4GB is less than I'd recommend, but Kaluza needs 2.5x to 3x the file size in RAM. If your files are about 1MB you should have no problem. Can you confirm that your files are approximately that size? Would it be possible for you to share one of these files?

Archived