Beckman Coulter User Forums

Kaluza absolute counts using information table

Hello,

I am quite new with Kaluza as I am trialing it for our lab to determine if it will suit our needs. We recently retired our FC500 upgrading to a Navios and would like to have the ability of replaying years of listmode files from the old machine. Ideally we hope to have the ability to regenerate absolute counts (as it is preferred for patient sample results and displayed on our panel reports). We currently run flow in dual platform, manually entering pertinent CBC values into the patient database editor. From my understanding, Kaluza allows for user generated equations through the information table to achieve such results. I have referenced chapter 2 of the Instructions for Use and am still having difficulties. I attempted the example absolute count equation from the chapter and some variables such as @ABSCALFACTOR in the equation are not identified. Is there a way to identify a variable and use it in an equation? Sorry for the novice questions, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jared

Hi Jared,

Two pieces of advice:

1) Try to get the components of your expression, such as the keyword value, to work as individual elements in the information table. This will help you to isolate which (if any) aren't working right. Then you can take each individual component and combine them together with the right math. (It can be hard to edit directly in the information table, I recommend using copy/paste and working with Notepad.)

2) You can use your information plot to see what keywords are defined in your file. That's probably the best way to see what your stored calibration information is. Remember, you have to take specific steps when you use your FC500 or Navios to ensure that the correct information is stored. If the absolute counts are showing up in the software for those systems, then you do have it stored correctly.

Ernie

Archived