Beckman Coulter User Forums

Radar Plots

None that I'm aware of. They've been included in a few publications, but I'm not sure how the authors determined the correct configuration. One thing to note is that a Radar Plot is very similar to a "biplot" which is the output of a Principle Components Analysis (PCA). I know a few people who've exported event data to Excel to do a PCA to determine the right radar plot vectors.

If you right-click on any plot or gate, on the edit leaf of the menu that appears you'll see a button labeled "export compensated event data". This will give you the chance to save a CSV file with all of the event data in the population you clicked on. You can open that CSV file in Excel directly to do further analysis, or to take it into a statistical analysis package such as R.

Excel doesn't natively support Principal Component Analysis but you can find plug-in software which adds that capability. Unfortunately, walking you through the use of such plug-ins is outside the scope of what we can easily do here on the forums. I encourage you to just try it, with a little experimentation I'll bet you can have some success.

Archived