Beckman Coulter User Forums

Stats Export_Boolean Gates_Info Equations

Hi Ernie

Some questions that have come up

1. How can you name the Stats file with e.g SAMPLEID when you export it? From what I can see the file is labeled as Statistic.csv and Info.csv

2. Is there a limit to the number of Boolean gates you can have. I have seen an issue where there appears to be a limit to the number of colours you can have?

3. It would be good to have the ability to have "IF" within the equations so that an out of range result can be flagged?

Thanks

M

Hi,

1) Currently there is no opportunity to customize the file name of exported statistics files. The folder containing the files is used to uniquely identify sets of data. We've had some feedback in this area and we're evaluating possible changes.

2) By design, there are limits to all things you can create in Kaluza. We test everything to those limits. However, we try to set the limits high enough that you shouldn't routinely encounter them. For Boolean gates, there is a limit to the number that you can define, but I've never found anyone who has hit it. You're more likely to hit one of the other limits first: There is a limit of 16 terms in a Boolean expression, and that means the fully expanded expression (so you can't work around it by nesting Boolean gates). There's also a limit of 318 gates total in a protocol (of which 31 can have a color assigned). Some of these limits are covered in Appendix B of the IFU.

3) We do not currently have an in-line conditional in the Kaluza expression language. I agree with you that it would be a valuable addition; thank you for the feedback.

Ernie

Archived