Beckman Coulter User Forums

Manual editing of polygon and other gate coordinates

Hi

Is there a away to manually edit any (or all) of a polygon gate coordinates by manually entering/modifying the specific X,Y co-ordinates for polygon gates in a smilar way we can do it for rectangular and linear gates?

This is not currently possible through the software, no. Can you tell me why you would want to do this? If I know your goal perhaps I could suggest another way to achieve it. Regardless, it would be good to assess whether we should consider adding this capability in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ernie

Sometimes I'd like to be able to have two polygon regions adjacent to each other (or one polygon and a rectangle) sharing a boundary - if I can manually edit each of the shared boundaries co-ordinates, then I can be sure they match exactly, don't overlap and events along the boundary are only counted once. The other reason is somtimes I want to create polygon regions on a dotplot that cover the same channels defined by a series of histogram markers.

Ok, I understand and I'm glad I asked. Even if we had this capability, there is no guarantee that some events on the boundary wouldn't be double-counted. The algorithm needs to be specifically designed for that purpose. We have a feature on the wishlist to that would allow you to achieve what you want, I'll bump the priority by one since you asked.

Archived