Beckman Coulter User Forums

HTS Transwell 96- well Plate

valeriaparedes

Hello,

I`m tryin to develop a method for the Biomek FX using the HTS Transwell 96- well Plate.

Corning Art. # 3386 - http://csmedia2.corning.com/lifesciences/media/equipment_compatibility/MD_Microplate_Dimension_Sheets_Transwells.pdf

I have already programmed the Transwell-filter-plate and the transwell-reservoir-plate separately; but for me it is not clear, how a should programed the labware when the filter plate is already inside of the reservoir.
I will be very glad if someone can give me a tip related to the "labware types editor" programmation.
Kind regards
Valeria Paredes

Hi Valeria,

I don't have that piece of labware, but I think this should be configurable with the stacking rules. There is much written in the software manual, so I just summarize here:

"A stack offset is the distance between stacked labware, measured from the bottom, back-left corner on the labware to the bottom back-left corner on the labware above it."

If one just have to calculate the stack offset in Z between 2 pieces of labware, simply measure the total height of the stack and subtract the height of the labware at the top...

I hope there are some people around, already using this labware - so they can share their numbers.

Ulrich

Hi Urlich,

Thank you very much for your answer.

I have allready configureted the labwares with the stacking rules, how a should programed the labware when the filter plate is already inside of the reservoir.

To start the method (instrument Setup), the transwell-filter has to be immersed in the transwell-reservoiro, then the pod1 moves the transwell-filter to another position. With the Pod1 we transerf medium into the transwell-reservior and finally the Pod1 moves back the transwell filter to the original position (into of the transwell reservoir).

How I shoult program bot plate toghether for the instrument setup.

Kind regards.

Valeria

Hi Valeria,

I just uploaded a definition of a Transwell 96 plate here:

http://forums.beckmancoulter.com/index.php?showtopic=2212

Sorry, but I couldn't check it for correctness or if it matches your configuration as I don't have any labware to test...

It should be fairly easy to get this running, just open the Instrument Setup step and drag the first (bottom) piece of labware on the position. Then drag the next piece of labware on top...

Ulrich

Archived