Beckman Coulter User Forums

Basic Use of Kaluza

I've used kaluza at a previous job and now I am a supervisor at a new job. I'm trying to bring this place up to date and want to implement the use of kaluza. Ive started building the composites/panels on kaluza to match what they already run on the gallios. My questions are:

How do I link the gate name B1 or E1 (quadrant name?) to the actual stain in the tube on the X or Y axis so that the information table on my report sheet will reflect this?

Say my first tube as 45 and 10 in it. The plots each get labeled with those after I have dragged the files over, but how to I make the actual quadrant reflect whats in the tube?

Thank you for any help!

I was also needing to know how to get 2 quadrants to add up for my information table on my report sheet. Say I want my total cd19 from one tube, now do I make that %gated in my information sheet reflect the total from those two quadrants (E2+E4) = cd19 %gated

The Kaluza IFU has a section "Information Table" that describes how to use the Information Table to summarize statistics from any gate as well as create formulas to achieve what you are looking for in adding quadrant results.

At the bottom of the Information Table, there is a Add Statistics link that allows you to select the desired gate (as you describe "B1 or E1") and corresponding desired statistic.

Per the IFU, "Every cell in the Information Table can have its own formula (based on addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and text concatenation), so you can highly customize the Information Table by using custom formulas to display statistics, calculations, or keywords.

Single data sets and composites have different requirements:

For composites, the index of the data set in the composite must be specified, and the scale must be identified (e.g.., the data set index = 1, as in =CV("A", "FL1", LOG, 1)).

For a single data set, the scale can be omitted, as the default scale is used (e.g., in =ARITHMETICMEAN("A", "FL1"), the log scale is used by default)."

The formula that appears in the Information Table supports the functions described in Table 2.14 of the IFU.

The attached graphic files demonstratean Info PLot with 2 quadrant gate statistics selected and also a formula to add the 2 quadrant statistics together:

post-63898-0-02950600-1439994969_thumb.pngpost-63898-0-30198800-1439994983_thumb.png

Thank you --Karen

Archived