Beckman Coulter User Forums

Loading/unloading parameters - apply to all data sets option?

Hi,

When analysing a composite comprising of data sets that were acquired with the same parameter settings enabled/disabled, is it possible in Kaluza to load or unload particular parameters and apply it to the whole composite at once rather than going through each sample at a time?

Nat

Hi Nat,

I do not believe that it is possible to have changes to parameters in a data set in a composite apply to all the data sets. I can see where that would be helpful. I have added your request to our list.

If you have the opportunity to make changes prior to combining the data sets into a composite, it is pretty easy. Just make your changes to one data set, copy it, and then select the rest of them and choose "Paste Special | Composite" from the menu.

In general, it is usually best to get your data sets and protocols configured in advance prior to combining them into a composite. It's usually much easier to make bulk changes that way.

Ernie

Thanks, Ernie. For the most part, with my own data I typically disable any parameter I'm not using before acquisition so it's not an issue during analysis, however it's not always the case for other people's data that I analyse.

I had not tried that paste special>parameters trick prior to creating the composite, so that is very helpful - thanks! However, what about when the files don't all have the exact same parameters? For example, all the data sets have the same FL parameters plus scatter, apart from one file which has an additional parameter (ie sort classifier). Even though I'm only interested in looking at parameters that are common to all the data sets, it won't paste to that particular file, even if I disable the additional parameter within that file first, it still won't paste the parameter settings. I can kind of understand why that might be, but an option to share common enabled parameters would be a handy tool.

-Nat

Nat,

Yes, unfortunately in order to paste parameter settings you have to be using files with the same parameters. I can see in your case where it would be nice to allow pasting to files where there are extra parameters. For things like sort classifier this is clearly no issue. At some point we would have to be careful to not allow parameter pasting in cases where it might not be what you intended to do. We would have to explore the edge cases to ensure that we understood the implications of that kind of functionality.

Ernie

Archived