Beckman Coulter User Forums

Kaluza v 1.3 - problems with transfer of scale settings in composites

Hello,

I have encountered a new problem with the Kaluza v. 1.3. I am not able to transfer settings I adjusted for logicle and logarithmic scales from one composite analysis to the next one. Adjusting scale settings works fine (decades, negative percentages) and when I save it as protocol (one dataset) or composite (more datasets) all adjustments remain and are saved properly. When I import a dataset into a protocol the scale adjustments remain. But when I import datasets into a composite Kaluza dismisses the scale adjustments from the composite and uses the settings from the data sets instead. The same happens within batch process activity and for every file I tried.

I hope that is not intenional. My problem is that in Kaluza v. 1.3 I adjusted the scales for every parameter depending on signal and compensation for about 17 meausurements within the same composite (up to 9 colors). Previously (v. 1.2), I analyzed such files using batch process activity and scale settings were transfered from on composite analysis to the next (probably saved within the composite). Now this doesn't work anymore. Of course, I could transfer the scale settings manually but this would take a huge amount of time. I also could work around it importing every file into single protocols and save the scale settings before analyzing them in a batch process activity but this also sounds very time consuming.

I hope that you can help me once again to outsmart Kaluza. Of course I will send you some pictures or data files if neccessary.

Many thanks in advance!

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

We have completed our investigation. I apologize for the time required.

We were able to confirm your observations. This is a problem that was introduced in version 1.3 of the software. Unfortunately we cannot find a work-around at this time. When a fix is available I'll note it here.

Hi Ernie,

what a pity to hear that. I just hoped for better news. Thanks anyway for your effort.

And I think I'll manage it. I just have to do a two-step analysis with first adjusting the scales in single protocols followed by the batch analysis with composites. Even if it consumes a lot of time.

It's just unfortunate with regard to using the new Kaluza acquisition software. Because at the moment most computers are still using the Kaluza analysis v 1.2 and we only want to change when the new version works properly. But of course it makes no sense establishing the new acquisition software in our lab without using the analysis v. 1.3.

I am looking forward to a bug fix. And by the way if you ever need software tester for a new release or update of Kaluza let me know. I'll be happy to step in :D

Best regards from Erlangen,

Paul

Archived